A characteristic of fleas is that they can not only live as a host on an animal, but also lodge in the environment. It is important to take care of contamination by fleas at home, since they are transmitting agents of multiple diseases. Therefore, it is recommended that you follow a series of practical tips to eliminate them easily.
To combat a plague it is essential to know what the animal is like and what its life cycle is. Therefore, keep in mind that fleas are very small animals, only reaching up to 3 mm in size. The body of this insect is flat, making it easy for it to sneak into any hair or strand.
In addition, these animals reproduce very easily, as a female can lay up to 20 eggs a day. The larvae spread easily in the environment. This in turn promotes the spread of the pest throughout the home. This insect is a carrier of infections so it is important to know how to remove fleas at home in a simple way.
Tips to eliminate fleas at home
- Maintain adequate hygiene at home, disinfect and dust each space.
- Prevent flea-contaminated animals from roaming around the house. It is important to keep them away from blankets, rugs, sheets, while deworming.
- It also deworms, or replaces the personal items of the contaminated pet, such as bedding, cushions or blankets.
- Bathe the dog frequently, at least twice a week.
- Using deworming products to fight fleas.
- Disinfect each space in the house, using special products to eliminate fleas and their eggs.
Functionality of flea sprays
In the market you will find flea sprays for the pet and for the environment. Before using some of the two it is important that you take into account the characteristics of each product.
The flea sprays for dogs They are applied by spraying the body of the animal. This product comprises a mixture of insecticides that kills both adult fleas and eggs and larvae. The flea sprays they are generally used when the animal is already contaminated. However, in some cases it is also used to prevent flea infestation.
In the case of flea sprays for the environmentThey are disinfectant products that are sprayed in the spaces that pets frequent. These are disseminated in the environment to eliminate possible eggs or adult fleas that have come off the dog. These types of flea sprays they are ideal for preventing fleas from causing annoyance to other members of the family.
How to properly use flea sprays
The effectiveness of sprays to remove fleas at home it will depend on the use that is given to the product. It is important to consider the following tips before using the flea sprays at home.
- You need to review the product instructions.
- Wear gloves and mask when spraying the spray.
- Do not spray it near food.
- It is not advisable to spread them throughout the house, it is advisable to use it on the places that the pet frequents. For example, where is your bed, the sofa, etc.
- Check the expiration date of the product, because if it is not within the expiration time the effect may be null.
- When the product is used on the dog, avoid bathing it after applying the spray.
- These products should be used preferably in the hottest months, since in hot climates pests proliferate.
It is always important that an expert is consulted before using an antiparasitic chemical. The prescription that the veterinarian makes depending on the plague to combat will avoid poisoning problems.