Surely when looking for cash antiparasitic for dogs you will find the flea collars as an excellent option. However, do you know how this product works? Before using any similar product, it is important to be clear about its mechanism of action, as well as the rules for using it and the expiration time.
First of all, you have to know that the antiparasitic necklace It is a highly recognized product in the pet market. Its effectiveness is proven, as it is not an antiparasitic of recent manufacture and use.
The antiparasitic collars for dogs They also have the advantage of having preventive action, they also help you solve the problem of fleas when the dog already has them. Keep in mind that collars can not only be used on dogs, cats also react positively to their effects.
Mechanism of action of flea collars
Having clear the general characteristics of the antiparasitic necklace it is important to know how it works. The flea collars They are made from a special material, in which a mixture of insecticides is incorporated. These are spread in the fluids of the skin and coat, from the neck, to cover the entire body.
The insecticide that the antiparasitic necklace it is absorbed by the pest, producing enzyme inhibition in the mite’s nervous system. Therefore, the reproductive function of the flea collapses, and its development process shortens. In that sense, by using antiparasitic collars for dogs reproduction is inhibited, repelled, and the pest is killed.
The action of flea collars it is toxic. Therefore, it not only affects the pest, it can also harm humans or the dog itself.
Tips for using flea collars
The mechanism of action and protection provided by antiparasitic necklace it is very effective, but this depends on several factors. It is important to take into account a series of tips when properly using the antiparasitic collars for dogs:
- Consult a veterinarian to choose the ideal composition according to the pest to fight.
- Select recognized brands that meet the required sanitary standards.
- Read the instructions carefully before putting on the collar.
- Once the packaging is uncovered, it is advisable to wear gloves, since the toxicity is greater when it is new.
- Select, preferably, collars that do not evaporate strong odors, so you will not disturb your dog’s smell.
- Before putting it on, familiarize your dog with the collar, but without letting it lick or bite.
- When placing it, leave a space of at least two fingers between the neck and the collar.
- Choose necklaces that are adjustable in size.
- It is advisable to be aware of the expiration date and replace it when it is expired.
- Watch for an allergic reaction when you put the necklace on for the first time.
- Periodically check for fleas or ticks, even if the dog has the antiparasitic necklace Market Stall.
- After touching or petting a dog with antiparasitic necklace hands must be washed to avoid human poisoning.
- Be careful with children who live with the animal, to avoid intoxication.
How often to change the antiparasitic collar
One of the advantages offered by flea collars It is the long protection time, because unlike other antiparasitics, the necklaces can reach up to 8 months before their expiration.
However, not all varieties of necklaces have the same shelf life. So, it is important that you take into account how much time each manufacturer offers. In addition, other factors must be taken into account, such as when a antiparasitic necklace exposed to water for a long time, its mechanism of action is likely to be reduced.
If the dog has pests or fleas, even with the collar, it will probably need to be replaced. This is because, there is a possibility that the action time has expired.
It is recommended that depending on the time indicated by the manufacturer, it is changed at least 2 times a year. To date, there is no known brand of necklace that provides protection for a consecutive year.
Although antiparasitic collars for dogs They provide powerful protection, when your dog has fleas it is also ideal to combine them with other antiparasitics.